Planning Your Living Spaces
Using Your Floor Plan
Room for Creative Planning
You don’t have to plan strictly around rooms designated in your floor plan. The option to hack certain walls means that with some creativity, you can reconfigure your home to create some amazing living spaces.
What is the recommended cooling power for my space?
Choose the correct size for your air-conditioning unit for maximum energy efficiency.
Air-conditioning Information provided by Gain City Best Electric Pte Ltd.
A well-designed bedroom affords you a good night’s sleep to be ready for the next day.
Creating A Comfortable Bedroom
- Pastel or neutral colours in the bedroom can help put your mind in a relaxed state before you sleep.
- We get the best sleep when it is cool, dark and quiet. To darken your bedroom, heavy fabric curtains or blockout roller blinds can both work to minimise light seepage.
- Avoid using overly stimulating colours (such as purple or gold) for your bedroom walls
Your bathroom space should be a place where you can unwind and get instantly revitalised. Plan enough surface space for basic necessities and sufficient storage to keep your toiletries and supplies handy.
Rain showers are increasingly popular among homeowners. This type of showerhead mimics rainfall to gives you a soothing and invigorating experience after a tiring day. But before you jump in, take note of these important considerations:
- Is your water pressure strong enough?
- Decide the size you need – a larger size offers you a wider coverage
- Types of water spray settings offered (some models let you choose from a light trickling drizzle to a heavy storm, and anywhere in between)
- Material – usually made from brass, chrome, stainless steel and plastic (plastic is the cheapest but also the least durable)
|Gas Heater||Storage Heater||Instant Heater|
|What||Piped gas is burned in the gas heater to supply hot water to multiple water points||Uses electricity to heat water in a tank||Electromagnetic induction|
|Pros||Gas heating is cheaper than electricity||Strongest water pressure and well suited for rain shower||No waiting time required for water heating|
|Best for||Families requiring hot water in multiple water points in the home||Big families||Small families|
|Pulsating Rain||For a relaxing spa treatment|
|Rain-Drenching||For a strong, high pressure shower|
|Water Droplets||For a light, trickling shower|
For a realistic rain storm by alternating between
the various settings
For most families, this would be the natural place to tackle all the laundry needs for the household. In addition to your washer and dryer, plan sufficient shelving units to store your detergents, cleaner, rags and other cleaning supplies.
What is the ideal size for your washer?
Keeping Your Options Open
Choosing A Dryer
More households these days are opting for dryers as they can save a massive amount of time from manually hang-drying the clothes – especially for large households with children. No more messing with clothes pegs or having rain impact your drying process.
- Clean the fluff filter regularly to keep your dryer working at its top efficiency
- For Condenser dryers, always empty the water tank and clean the condensate filter for consistent performance
|Heat pump dryers||Condenser dryers||Vented dryers|
|Air Vent||No need||No need||√|
|Consider||Typically use less than half the energy per load compared to a non heat pump dryer.||
Your laundry area will be cooler as the dryer uses an internal heat exchanger to cool the air
and condense the water vapour into either a drain pipe or a collection tank
|These dryers simply expel warm moist air through a vent or a hose|
What about my Kitchen?
Planning your kitchen can be quite a challenge but we’ve got everything you need in our Kitchen Guide.