|Chicken Satay:||Lamb Satay:||Peanut Sauce:|
|1kg Chicken Thigh with Skin - Cut into 2cm cubes||1kg Lamb Leg - Cut into 2cm cubes||1L Vegetable Oil|
|10g Fresh Turmeric||10g Fresh Turmeric||40g Candlenut|
|50g Shallots||50g Shallots||400g Groundnuts with Skin|
|30g Garlic||30g Garlic||60g Red Chilli|
|10g Salt||10g Coriander Seeds||10g Chilli Padi|
|5g White Pepper Powder||10g Salt||55g Garlic|
|2 Limes - Medium size||5g White Pepper Powder||35g Shallots|
|100ml Kicap Manis||2 Limes - Medium size||100g Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka)|
|75g Butter - Softened||100ml Kicap Manis||300ml Water|
|75g Butter - Softened||30g Asam Paste|
|60g Kicap Manis|
|To Taste Salt|
1. Methods for Satay
1. Cut 1kg of chicken and lamb meat into about 2cm cubes.
2. For chicken satay: Blend turmeric, garlic and shallots. Marinate the chicken meat with white pepper powder, salt, lime juice, and the blended marinade. Mix well and keep in fridge for preferably 24 hours.
3. For lamb satay: Blend turmeric, garlic, shallots and coriander seeds. Marinate the lamb meat with white pepper powder, salt, lime juice, and the blended marinade. Mix well and keep in fridge for preferably 24 hours.
4. Preheat oven with ‘4D Hot Air’ mode at 180°C.
5. Skewer the marinated meat onto bamboo sticks, place them on a wire rack and baste with butter.
6. Cook on the middle rack for 10 minutes. Then remove the satays and baste them with kicap manis.
7. Place the satays back into the oven, on the second rack. Switch to ‘Grill’ mode, level 2 and char for about 2 to 3 minutes. Do keep a close watch on the satays to prevent burning. Rotate skewers if necessary for even charring.
2. Methods for Peanut Sauce
8. In a deep frying pan, heat up oil and fry groundnuts, candlenuts, garlic, cut chilli padi, shallots and red chilli. Once the skin of groundnut is brown, remove all the ingredients and drain excess oil. Blend the fried ingredients until fine.
9. Mix water with Asam paste and pass through a sieve to yield Asam water.
10. Cook gula melaka (palm sugar) with 200ml of water, until sugar melts. Then add in kicap manis, asam water, and the blended ingredients. Bring to boil and season with salt.
11. Serve the satays with peanut sauce.
Serie 8 Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also keep hands safe from burning. These features ensure safety, convenience and energy savings.
VitaBoost High Performance Blender
Takes mere minutes to prepare nutrient-rich smoothies, ready-to-eat hot soups and more. With six automatic programmes, it’s easy to use and cleaning is effortless. Better health at the touch of a button.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals. Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to a 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.