Beetroot-Ricotta Ravioli, Warm Lentil Vinaigrette and Sautéed Scallops
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
For the vinaigrette and scallops:
For the filling:
|For the pasta dough:|
1. Combine semolina flour, salt, eggs and olive oil in the MaxxiMUM Kitchen Machine’s mixing bowl and knead for 5 minutes using the dough hook attachment until you have a firm, smooth dough. Wrap pasta dough in clingfilm and let rest for at least 30 minutes. Soak lentils in warm water.
2. Peel and slice garlic, potatoes and beetroots. In a saucepan, combine butter, 125 ml water and a pinch of salt, cover and braise over low heat for 25 minutes until tender. Purée with the MaxxiMUM mixer attachment. Pluck oregano leaves from stems and chop. Add Ricotta and herbs to the puréed mixture and purée finely. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. In the meantime, prepare the vinaigrette: Drain lentils and boil in fresh water as per package directions until nearly tender, drain again and plunge the lentils into ice water. Clean root vegetables, cut into 5 mm cubes and braise with 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon stock and a pinch of salt over low heat for 10 minutes. Rinse spring onions.
4. Rinse tomatoes, dice and remove seeds and cores. (If desired, first blanch the ingredients in boiling water, then plunge them into ice water and remove their peels.) Finely chop spring onions. Combine these vegetables with lentils. Pour on 3 to 4 tablespoons champagne, stir in half the remaining stock and reduce briefly.
5. Using the MaxxiMUM pasta attachment for lasagne, roll out pasta dough into a thin sheet. At the fish, process twice at the second-thinnest setting. Cover finished pasta sheets with clingfim.
6. For square ravioli, arrange teaspoonfuls of filling on the pasta sheets in two rows and brush a very thin coating of water onto the dough. Carefully cover with a second pasta sheet, press firmly on the edges of the ravioli with your fingers and cut into squares using a pastry wheel or knife. Place ravioli on a kitchen cloth sprinkled with semolina flour, cover with a second cloth and refrigerate.
7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In the meantime, briefly rinse scallops, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the red roe from the white scallop fish. Cut white fish in half crosswise. In a non-stick pan, sauté scallops in 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour the remaining champagne and stock.
8. Remove scallops and add lentils, tomatoes and chives to the pan. Boil for 2 minutes, stir in remaining butter and season to taste. At the same time, place ravioli in boiling water, reduce heat and simmer for about 4 minutes until done. Remove ravioli from the water using a slotted spoon and arrange ravioli, lentils and scallops on plates.
Tip: You can also make a larger batch of ravioli, freeze and simply boil them in water as needed. In this case the cooking time is about 8 minutes.
Kitchen Machine Styline MUM52110
A powerful kitchen machine that boasts an award-winning design and exceptional Bosch quality, the MUM5 is a true all-rounder.
Sold to millions – tested by millions
Whatever your needs, Bosch offers the right kitchen machine to give you perfect results when preparing meals.