|2kg Oxtail, cut into 2cm pieces||80g Candlenut||1.5L Chicken Stock|
3 Potatoes - Peeled and cut into
chunks (or 500g)
|10g Turmeric||To Taste Salt|
3 Carrots - Peeled and cut into
chunks (or 500g)
|1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder||To Taste Pepper|
|3 Tomatoes - Quartered||100g Lemongrass Stalks||To Garnish Coriander Leaves|
|200g Shallots||50g Galangal||
To Serve Bitter Nut Crackers
|80g Garlic||2 Bay Leaves||To Serve Fried Shallots|
1. Peel and chop potatoes, carrots and quarter tomatoes. Peel shallots, garlic, and turmeric. Cut the galangal into half and crush the lemongrass stalks.
2. Blend the shallots, garlic, candlenuts, and turmeric into a paste.
3. Season oxtail with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. In a medium sized pot, heat oil and sear oxtail on both sides until golden brown. Remove the seared oxtail from the pot and set aside.
5. In the same pot, fry paste until fragrant and slightly dry.
6. Add in the coriander powder, galangal, lemongrass, bay leaves, the seared oxtail, and chicken stock. Season lightly with salt and pepper and let it boil for 25 minutes.
7. After boiling, simmer for another 45 minutes, then add in potatoes, carrots and tomatoes. Simmer further until the vegetables are cooked and meat is tender.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with bitternut crackers and fried shallots as desired.
Serie 8 Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also keep hands safe from burning. These features ensure safety, convenience and energy savings.
VitaBoost High Performance Blender
Takes mere minutes to prepare nutrient-rich smoothies, ready-to-eat hot soups and more. With six automatic programmes, it’s easy to use and cleaning is effortless. Better health at the touch of a button.