|Marinating Time: 12 hours||4 Bay Leaves||5 Cloves Garlic|
|600g Eggplants||300ml White Wine Vinegar||¼ Teaspoon Oregano|
|150g Salt||1 Chilli Or Cayenne Pepper||200ml Olive Oil|
|750ml Water||5 Peppercorns|
1. Wash the eggplants, peel and cut into slices 2-3cm thick. Sprinkle the slices with plenty of salt to remove the bitterness. Then cover and leave to rest for 2 hours.
2. Next, wash the eggplants well to remove the salt. Then pat dry and cut into sticks.
3. For the marinade bring water, bay leaves, vinegar and chilli to boil in a pan at setting 5 for approx. 7 minutes. Add the eggplants, turn down to setting 4 or lower and cook for 3½ minutes.
4. Cover and allow the eggplants to infuse in the marinade for 12 hours. Then drain and place in a dish.
5. For the flavoured oil peel the garlic cloves, chop finely and mix in a bowl with the oregano, oil and freshly ground peppercorns.
6. Pour the flavoured oil over the eggplants.
Tip: Serve the marinated eggplants with toasted bread.
Gas Cooktops with FlameSelect Technology
The new Gas cooktops with FlameSelect and its innovative valve technology lets you precisely control the flame in 9 power levels. Now you can achieve perfectly consistent results each and every time.