|Chilling Time: 5 - 7 hours||100g White Sugar||100ml Vegetable Oil||In Addition:|
|½ Organic Lemon||1 Cinnamon Stick||8 Eggs||Brown Sugar|
240g Brioche Buns -
From The Day Before
|250ml Cream||4 Scoops Ice Cream|
1. Wash the lemon in hot water and grate the zest of half of it. Do not grate off the bitter white layer underneath.
2. Heat the milk, cream, sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon stick in a saucepan at setting 9 for approx. 4 minutes. As soon as the mixture starts to boil, turn down to setting 1, stir and allow to infuse for 5 minutes.
3. Then pour through a sieve and leave to cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Then chill for 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Cut the buns into eight pieces 6 x 6cm in size and 2.5cm thick. Place in the cooled milk mixture. Cover and leave to rest for around 30 minutes so the pieces of brioche fully absorb the liquid.
5. Cover a large plate with kitchen towel and put out ready for use.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan at setting 9 for approx. 2½ minutes. In the meantime whisk the eggs and dunk the first pieces of the brioche in the egg one by one.
7. Then fry the pieces golden brown on both sides at setting 8 for approx. ½ minute. Leave to drain in the plate put ready.
8. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon to taste and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Tip: Scoop any bits of egg out of the oil before you fry the next pieces of brioche.
You can replace the cinnamon with vanilla, and the lemon with another citrus fruit.
Gas Cooktops with FlameSelect Technology
The new Gas cooktops with FlameSelect and its innovative valve technology lets you precisely control the flame in 9 power levels. Now you can achieve perfectly consistent results each and every time.