Crepe A La Pomme (Apple Crepe with Streusel)
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
|Crepe batter:||Apple filling:||Streusel topping:||To serve:|
1. For the crepes:
- Place the flour and salt in the Bosch MCM 4 Food Processor and add the eggs, butter and half of the milk.
- Whizz until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides once or twice to dislodge any stray pockets of flour.
- This will ensure a very smooth batter.
- With the motor running, mix in the remaining milk.
- Cook the crepes on a lightly buttered frying pan, stirring the batter occasionally.
2. For the apple filling:
- Core and peel the apples (you may leave the skin on to keep the vitamins).
- Cut the apple into dices. Alternatively, the apples can be roughly chopped with the food processor.
- Heat the butter in the large frying pan until sizzling.
- Toss in the apple cubes and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown and slightly softened.
- Add Malibu rum, stirring to deglaze, and cook until all the liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
3. For the streusel topping:
- Sift the flour with cinnamon into the Bosch food processor bowl.
- Put on the rough grater attachment and insert the block of frozen butter to form the streusel topping. The topping should resemble breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and crushed biscuits.
4. To assemble:
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place the apple filling on a greased baking dish and spoon the streusel topping on top of the apple filling.
- Bake until the topping is crisp and golden.
- Place the remaining half of apple topping inside the crepe and transfer the apple filling on top of the crepe.
- Top with ice cream and fresh berries to serve.
Food Processor MCM4100
The clever compact food processor for cooking and baking — space-saving thanks to a useful accessories drawer and versatile with over 35 functions