4 Important Considerations before you design your home
Above all, a successfully designed home must accommodate the lifestyle needs of you and your family.
Having a theme in mind gives your home a consistent look and helps when it comes to making decisions on colors, fixtures and furniture.
Knowing your budget is essential to plan a realistic and smooth renovation.
HDB Renovation & Appliances Costs Snapshot
When planning, it helps to break things up into their main categories. The chart below shows the breakdown of the main cost items in a typical renovation project.
Considering your timeline lets you allocate enough time for each phase and track your progress.
At a glance – Renovation periods
For a smooth renovation, create a detailed plan with clear milestones for each stage. Then follow your plan and adjust it as you go along.
Shortlisting your appliances
Engaging an Interior Designer
- Conceptualization and planning
- Approve 3D drawings, select tiles and fixtures
- Checking for defects and reporting to HDB (3-5 days)
- Opening Singapore Power utilities account
Start of renovation
- Hacking, tiling, running of electrical wiring, false ceiling construction, painting (1-3 weeks)
- Plumbing (3-5 days)
- Fabrication and installation of carpentry and installing counter-top (2-4 weeks)
- Final finishes (1 week)
~4 to 12 weeks
Completion of home renovation
*actual schedule and times may vary.
After these considerations, you can move on to planning your living spaces.